Thursday, June 3, 2010

P90X: Day 1 Chest and Back

OK, So today I started my journey down the P90X road. I've had this program just laying around the house for about a year now, I started it last June('09) and gave up after day2... well not this time! I'm in it to win it!!! Not only am I tired of being FAT and single(who wants a fat guy?), I find myself looking at my daughter Kennedy and can't stand the fact that she has me as a dad that is too out of shape to even take her to the park to play!

Change is GOOD:
In the last few months, I've been ramping up my nutrition and diet plan and I feel now that I know what I need to do. If not I can tweak it as needed. I have my supplements, have my food, have my gear, now all I have to do is BRING IT! I also tested myself a month or so ago, to see just where I'm at physically by running a 5K race. Not bad if I do say so at 36 mins in 40deg windy weather! I'm not a runner in case you didn't know.

Day 1: Chest and Back...
I got a late start to my workout today due to being a good dad for my little girl. Saying that the Ab ripperX had to be skipped until tomorrow morning, so that I could make it to work on time is a no-brainier. I have done this workout a few time before, so I knew exactly what to expect. Although I was ready for it, it was still a hard workout! What made it worst was the fact that I kept watching the clock so not to be late in getting ready for work. Kennedy kept coming in the room also making it difficult to concentrate on the DVD. She finally settled down and started to do modified push ups from her knees...So cute!

All in all I made it though the workout with no real problems. I did my cool down while making my recovery drink and getting the shower warmed up. Oh, I did have some muscle soreness when I was trying to wash my hair.LOL! That didn't last longer than a hour or two. I give credit to my recovery drink.

Tomorrow I need to get some protein bars from BJ's and hit up my GNC for a new can of protein shake mix(it's gold card week!). I also need to get some more fruit like Bananas, berry's and peaches, along with some salmon and tuna. Tomorrow is also the dreaded "day 2" which is plyometrics day... done this one too...not my favorite, but I'll just have to suck it up and drive on! The only easy day was yesterday. I know nobody reads my blog, but in the hope that someday someone does, I hope it inspires them to keep pushing play...

No comments: